Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Post Project for Awesome reaction

After watching the Project for Awesome videos that our class made, its evident that we all worked hard on our videos. However, not all the choices we made were effective, because some of the components we had put were disruptive to the audience. When I was watching the videos, I like those videos that introduced Project for Awesome even before they introduced their own organization. I think its important that the viewers know first why you decided to make the video. Those videos that included pathos or personal connection to their organizations or cause were pretty effective too. They make the viewers connect with what they're saying and their reasoning. Most importantly, I think the most important part of the video is to show what we did to contribute to our chosen organization. It helps to let the people know that you contributed yourself, even before you ask others to do it.

While some of our choices are effective, some weren't as much. I didn't like the videos that had background music while they're talking. I think that divides the viewers attention to the music and the person talking. Also, I think that some people should've changed their background, and not just record in their bedrooms. It makes people think you're active when you record at a pet shelter, a park, or your bedroom with lots of animal pictures.

My favorite video is Autism Speaks by Amy Cannon. I like it because she explained project for awesome first and what their goal is before she even started talking about her organization. The way she also talked, she built a connection by the tone of her voice. My least favorite video is probably Support Pit bulls by Joan Correa because her video blog and voice over clashed and it made her video hard to understand.

If I have the chance to remake my video, I would introduce Project for Awesome first before I introduce my own organization. I would speak more clearly, and try to hide my accent. I would also add more information about PETA, and tell my audience what they stand for.

No comments:

Post a Comment